|Bring up the game menu for saving, quitting, etc.|
|Show your inventory.|
|Change your equipment. To dual wield, select two weapons here.|
|Drop multiple items. List can be sorted by size with the "scales" icon.|
|Attack the nearest enemy, use your secondary weapon, or fire your bow (equip arrows first).|
|Pick up items from the ground (or just click nearby).|
|Quaff a potion. Note, to throw a potion, use the Throw button below.|
|Read a scroll or a spellbook. If you start with a book, read it!|
|Use a spell or other special ability.|
|Throw something. At first the most common items are listed, but the "More" button allows anything to be thrown.|
|Zap a wand.|
|Rest for a while. Resting still uses up food, and monsters will find there way to you, so use with caution.|
|Chat with a creature such as your pet or a shopkeeper.|
|Confirm the current interaction (mobile only).|
|Cancel the current interaction (mobile only).|
Mouse / Touch Controls
- Click/tap anywhere to go there.
- Monster to attack.
- Well above the ground to jump to there.
- Item to pickup.
- Peaceful creature to interact (eg. shopkeepers).
- Past door to open, door handle to close.
- Map top-right to show full map.
- Character icon to show stats, talents, skills, and the "More..." button.
Key ControlsKeyboards are supported on both Desktop and Mobile versions (though most mobile devices will require an external bluetooth keyboard for this).
- W/A/S/D or Arrow keys to move / attack.
- F to interact (pick up items, chat to shopkeeper, fountains, etc.)
- I for inventory.
- U to wear/remove/equip items.
- R to read a scroll/spellbook/wall.
- C to Cast a spell or use a special ability.
- Z to Zap a wand.
- X to drop items.
- Q to quaff (drink).
- E to eat.
- V to fire arrows or to force an attack.
- T to throw a weapon.
- P to interact with pets/shopkeeper/etc.
- B to use an equipped musical instrument.
- TAB to rest, hold for long rest.
- 1..9 to cast spell #, or do button # in button choice dialogs.
- A..Z do button starting with that letter in button choice dialogs (eg. pet actions).
- F11 to toggle Fullscreen.
- F12 for screenshot.
- Enter to confirm dialogs.
- ` or Esc to cancel dialogs.
- FF to interact then confirm (eg. pick up items).
- CC to cast from first staff.
- SHIFT to speed (note: accelerates everything not just you)
- D-pad to move
- Button 0 (A) to jump (also for selecting in menus)
- Button 1 (B) to interact (also Back in menus)
- Button 2 (X) to cast a spell
- Button 3 (Y) to use inventory (hold and D-pad for other icons)
- Button 4 (LB) to bring up character sheet
- Button 5 (RB) to wear/remove/equip items.
- Button 6 (Back) to bring up the menu.
- Button 7 (Start) to bring up the character sheet.
- Axis 3+ (LT) to rest, or to speed if moving.
- Axis 3- (RT) to fire arrows, to force an attack.
Controls can be changed in the Options / Controls menu. For example, if you have extra buttons or joystick axes, pressing them down or in a direction can be assigned to Quaff, Read, etc.
By default (in "Auto" Controller Mode in the Controls menu), the UI will switch to be more joystick/gamepad centric if you use the joystick/gamepad, then equivalent to choosing the "Primary" Controller Mode.
If you have a controller plugged in that you don't want to use for WazHack but which causes accidental movements, choose "Disable Controller".